Back to all
Videos are still relatively new on Twitter. However, with video becoming more and more popular it goes without saying that it is one of the best ways to target the 320M monthly active users of Twitter. Another reason could be that marketers are getting good returns on other channels and haven’t really looked at or are yet to be convinced that Twitter is a viable advertising platform.
So, how big is video engagement on Twitter? Twitter did a recap for us called “ Video on Twitter” to inform users on how video performed on the social media platform in 2015. Here are some interesting facts:
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
- 90% video views are on mobile
- 41% of users think that Twitter is a great way to discover videos
- Native video on Twitter drives more engagement than 3rd party content
Also, Twitter shared their 5 tips on how to get your video content out on their platform:
- Humanise your content
- Explain how your product can change lives
- Have a clear story
- Big celebrity names definitely help
How to use them?
There are two ways of uploading a video on Twitter. You can either upload it spontaneously by recording it directly or you can choose to import an already prepared video from your phone or computer.
There are some limitations when it comes to videos on Twitter:
- Max permitted length is 30 seconds (selected advertisers are allowed to upload up to 10 min long videos)
- The file size cannot be bigger than 512MB
More Technical limitations:
- Minimum resolution 32x32
- Maximum resolution 1920x1200
- Aspect ratios: 1:2.39–2.39:1 range
- Maximum frame rate: 40 fps
- Maximum bitrate: 25 Mbps
With the popularity of video growing it could be likely that your Twitter feed will feel less ‘news-y’ and move more towards being a marketing platform for marketers and business owners. It will be an interesting one to watch over the coming year. If you have any video or marketing queries, you can contact us here for some free advice.