Darkness Into Light
To create a new website that repositions the size of Darkness Into Light and its international reach. Re-architecture of the navigation menu to streamline the user journey to registration.
Darkness Into Light (DIL) is Pieta House’s flagship annual fundraising and awareness event. It started with approximately 400 people in the now iconic yellow DIL T-shirts walking the 5km course in Dublin’s Phoenix Park in 2009. This year, there was over 150 DIL venues across the four continents.
Problem they faced
DIL had outgrown their previous website and needed a new platform that would solve a number of key issues. The challenge was to create an improved user experience for people to find and register for events, make donations and find ancillary volunteering and fundraising information. The platform also needed to handle large volumes of traffic, integrate with other applications and be extremely easy for multiple users to update.
- Design a new powerful website that repositions the size of Darkness Into Light and its international reach
- Redesign of the navigation area and content architecture to create a smooth user experience
- Add mapping functionality linked to a simple, elegant registration system
- Introduce more impactful messaging throughout the website
- Improve readability of pages introducing more imagery and slimmed down text
Work We Did
We worked closely with Pieta House and their event management agency to deliver a clean, visually focussed, highly conversion oriented website. We focused on the user experience so users could easily navigate the website and find their desired location to participate and register for an event. We also created multiple calls to action, allowing users to search for participants and teams and make online donations.
Increase in Participants
Online Donation Pages Created
Increase in Online Donations
Traffic from Organic Search
Functionality & Integrations
- Integration with Everyday Hero API for donations. This included functionality to search for individual and team donation pages and leaderboards
- Integration with Primo Event for registration workflow
- Interactive maps to streamline the process for an end user to find their desired location to participate in the event
- Customised Amazon Hosting for server scalability