Great news, as Best mCommerce Campaign goes to Together Digital and…
Finalists for 2018 Digital Media Awards
23 Jan 2018
So the finalists for the 2018 Digital Media Awards have been announced, and we’re delighted to learn that we’re included in 3 categories!
For our work on the digital platform for Darkness Into Light, we’re nominated for:
- Best Strategy
- Best Website
- Best Collaborative Campaign
It’s fantastic to be recognised across multiple categories, for different aspects of the project.
Any successful digital project depends on a strong underlying strategy, so it’s crucial to put a lot of emphasis on the strategy phase. Identifying clear objectives brings focus to the project and ensures everyone involved knows what the measures of success are.
This category in the Digital Media Awards highlights organisations who are driving success through digital, and we felt that a strong website could certainly deliver measurable results for Darkness Into Light.
In our strategy phase, we established a number of key objectives.
- Gather the contact details of participants to allow improved communication
- Encourage participants to fundraise in addition to paying the event entry fee
- Promote team participation in the event - this included teams based across multiple countries
- Maintain or grow event participation levels
- Create a site that can handle web traffic from many locations, as well as spikes in activity at key moments.
These were in alignment with Pieta House’s overall objectives, and thoughtful design enabled these aims to be realised.
86% of Pieta House’s income comes from individual fundraising efforts, and Darkness Into Light is Pieta House’s biggest annual fundraising and awareness event. It began in 2009 with 400 people coming together in Dublin’s Phoenix Park and has spread internationally across 4 continents, representing over 100,000 participants.
With such rapid growth, it’s essential that Darkness Into Light has a strong digital platform to support the volumes of people engaging with the event online. In 2017, we overhauled their digital platform to ensure that it adequately supports this momentous event.
To do so, we made user experience a priority. The Darkness Into Light site has clear, unambiguous calls to action, as well as a focus on being user-friendly.
Some actions taken to deliver on key objectives were:
- ‘Register’ widgets were placed in key locations to encourage sign-ups
- Mapping functionality allowed users to find their local event easily
- Site content was created to best convey Darkness Into Light’s impactful message
- Teamwork was encouraged with fundraising league tables and rewards
- We built a custom integration with Everyday Hero API to increase online donations
- A scalable hosting solution was created to handle web traffic
- We provided graphics to make social media sharing easy for participants.
Best Collaborative Campaign
We love working together with our clients so it’s really great to be a finalist for Best Collaborative Campaign. This category celebrates teamwork and collaboration between organisations, all while retaining a focus on return on investment.
Darkness Into Light itself is all about collaboration and bringing people together for a common goal. By working with Pieta House on this project, we were able to create a platform to foster this teamwork amongst the participants of the event.
This annual event is a beacon for all those whose lives have been touched by suicide. Collaboration in the community is at the heart of Darkness Into Light, and the website needed to co-ordinate and unite the community towards one common goal.
It’s great to know that our partnership with Darkness Into Light was effective in delivering an appropriate digital solution for such a unique event.
2018 Digital Media Awards
We’re delighted with the success of the new digital platform for Darkness Into Light, reflected in the number of donation pages created, the increase in registered participants, the surge in online donation revenue, and many other KPIs.
Darkness Into Light is having a tangible positive impact on people’s lives, and so we’re really thrilled it’s been recognised as a finalist for the Digital Media Awards.